The Prototype Fund fosters inclusion, transparency and democratic control
- Prototype Fund
We are excited to announce the six projects selected by the Prototype Fund jury. We are looking forward to supporting them to strengthen political participation in Swiss democracy!
- With baloti, people without voting rights can learn and experience Swiss direct democracy through mockup referendum votes in ten languages.
- businessresponsibility.ch strengthens transparency and democratic control over the human rights performance of Swiss companies, based on the new non-financial reporting obligation.
- Forum for Inclusion makes people without voting rights more visible in Swiss democracy by providing them with a platform to voice their opinions on popular votes.
- ImpACT collects and links open data on Swiss democracy with the interests of citizens and shows them how they can effectively participate in it.
- With VelObserver, residents can rate bicycle infrastructure and continuously check its planned expansion.
- With VoteLog, civil society organizations can assess the voting behavior of parliamentarians. The ratings are visualized and help to form public opinion.
At the same time, we are sad that we cannot support the other inspiring ideas submitted to the Prototype Fund. The jurors took the difficult decision after a critical, engaged and long discussion and we thank them for their time and continued efforts. We also thank the other applicants for giving the jury such an impressive range of projects to choose from and wish them the best of luck in developing their projects.
During the prototyping phase, we will try our best to create valuable opportunities to network and exchange ideas for example at the Demo Day, taking place on 24 February 2022 in Bern. There, the six projects will present their prototypes and share their experience.